I’ve been tagged. Lady Butta over at It’s Like Butta Baby wants me to share seven completely random facts about myself. I thought about doing this over at the Myspace, but I figure eh, ya’ll need to get to know Vivrant Thang a little better.
There are rules I’m supposed to post and follow. But I’m a rebel.
1. I stalk soul singer, Bilal up and down the East Coast. I’ve been to see him in Philly, NYC, and here in DC three times this year. Tonight in DC makes four and Philly next month will be five. Yea, I’m obsessive like that.
2. I started kindergarten just months after I turned 4. I was class president too! So I’ve always been a year younger than my classmates. Entered high school at 13. College at age 17. 800 miles from home ya’ll. I always been grown 🙂
3. I used to want to be a journalist. When I was just 17, I interned for two summers at The Newark Star-Ledger as a feature reporter. I went out on assignments with a photographer and came back to the office to write my story. I was the real thing. Still have the clips in my portfolio.
4. I used to be 150lbs heavier.
Yes, I had that surgery a little over 2 years ago. It saved my life. As you can see, I don’t have the Star Jones bobble head look. Obviously, I’m not skinny. Didn’t do it to be skinny. It saved my life. I weighed more than Shaq.
In many ways, life has changed for me. However, in many ways, it’s stayed the same.
I can’t believe I posted that. But hey, you never know who might see this and who it might help. I may write a book about my experiences someday since my online journal about it has been such a big hit. So might as well get comfortable with it.
5. I have a strange…phobia if you will. I can’t stand to see men with those huge, disgusting bumps or lumps on the back of their heads. I think ya’ll know what I’m talking about. Not the normal small ones he may get on occasion from the razor. I’m talking about the big nasty ones that go all along the back of the head and no hair will grow there. Seriously, it doesn’t just disgust me. I actually feel nauseous and have to move away. My skin starts crawling. If that was to ever happen to the man I end up with, he would have to rock a skully 24/7 to get up in my mix.
I want somebody to walk up behind me
And kiss me on my neck
and breathe on my neck
E Badu (Kiss Me on My Neck)
No can do!
6. I am subscribed to over 100 blogs on topics including music, politics, lifestyle, sports, literature, finance, nonprofit, technology, and women’s issues. I’m just random like that. The ones on my blogroll are just a sample. I only get to read a few of them a day, if that. But I can’t bring myself to unsubscribe!
7. I collect coffee table books on a variety of topics. I currently have about 40 of them on various subjects – black art, photography, music, wine, nudes, interior design, and sex.
Guess which ones are my favorites.
Great spirit on the weight loss statement. It’s much better to be alive then passed away. So I salute you for your decision. And no, you definitely don’t appear like Star Jones. You are very sexy with your look.
You better stop stalking Bilal…lol
Oh, those bumps (keloids) come from dirty clippers – hair under the skin. The worse thing in the world is to see where they have gotten out of hands.
Diggin’ this blog. I mentioned you during the “websites to check out” segment of my podcast. I’m sure u don’t do this for the recognition, but I recognize good stuff when I see it and ur blog is full of that!
Continue to be encouraged and THANK GOD u don’t have the Star Jones Bobble Head starter kit 🙂
vivrant thang said:
@ Don – Thank you very much for the comments and compliments 🙂 I finally met Bilal last night so maybe I can cut back on the stalking now!
@ Fave – Yes, Butta from told me about it and I was shocked. You don’t know how much I appreciate the mention! You’re right, this blog is about me needing an outlet to write regularly about my passion. Having someone give me props for it is truly the delicious chocolate icing on the cake!
I am so glad to have discovered your spot as well and will stop by and comment once I get a chance to listen.
B. Good said:
Hey! I’ve always been grown too, lol. Whadoyaknow!
lola gets said:
Congrats on the weight loss; I do like your blog!
vivrant thang said:
Thanks Lola! I’m still very much a work in progress. I greatly appreciate you stopping by!
Pingback: Take Me As I Am « SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE
Pingback: Another Break From Our Regularly Scheduled Programming… « SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE
Pingback: Baggage « SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE
Pingback: Ready For Love? « SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE
Pingback: Better With Time « SONGS IN THE KEY OF LIFE