Two weeks in a row. Going strong!
Here’s some of the blog posts I’ve enjoyed over the past week.
- FREE music is never a bad thing right? Get your download on.
- As if there needed to be any icing on the cake, the DJ at the Foreign Exchange show on Friday night was ridiculous. We all kept looking up, saying “who is the DJ?!” After some investigation, I found out it was DJ Cuzzin B of True School. You’ve heard about him here before. He and 9th Wonder do a radio show live from the NC area each Friday night and he sent a mix from one of the shows. Download it here.
- nOvaslim over at SoulBounce has put together what I consider one of his hottest mixes, His Soulful Materials.
- This week marked twelve years since we lost Biggie. Honeysoul links you up to a few tribute mixes.
- Soul UK shares the Soul Essential Vol I : Nu-Soul Sistas album.
- What do you think were the greatest R&B albums of the 70s? Soul Tracks polled their readers and announced the results. Of course any listicle of this kind inspires spirited debate. Head on over and join the conversation. While there, place your vote for top albums of the 80s.
- Tah-Nehisi Coates does a really stupid thing by offering a list of what he feels are essential hip-hop albums. Last I checked, it was 144 comments deep.
- I know how I’ll be spending this evening – over on Fab Channel watching classic concerts from artists like Rahsaan Patterson, Eric Roberson, Amp Fiddler, Lizz Wright, Bebel Gilberto, Jose James and Chaka Khan. Only one more day before this site shutters it’s “doors”
- I am swooning over the After Midnight Series, which combines art and music (two of my favoritest PG13 things in the world). Moovmnt has all the details.