After being threatened with revocation of my soul card and a forced moratorium on live show attendance (the horror!) if I didn’t participate in Cupid’s Hunt 2010, I decided that I better get to it!
So I present to you my first mix entitled, Let’s Take A Long Walk [Download]
- Coultrain- Swimming in the Stars
- Erik Rico – Wanting You
- Angela Johnson f/Julie Dexter – How Sweet Life Is
- Jazzanova f/ Leon Ware and Dwele – Rockin’ You Eternally
- Jack Herrera (aka Jon B, Dominiquinn and Silky Deluxe) – High Off You
- Darien Brockington – I Miss You
- Bradd Marquis – I Never Wanna Live Without You
- Maysa – The Lady In My Life
- Corrine Bailey Rae – Closer
- Jean Grae – Love Thirst
- Mary J Blige – Beautiful (Black Star Remix)
- Raheem Devaughn – Desire Interlude
- Janet Jackson-Anytime, Anyplace
- Yahzarah – Where I Is
- Meshell Ndegeocello- Love You Down
- Bilal- White Turns to Grey
- D’Angelo-Heaven Must Be Like This
- Pharoahe Monch – So Good
- Full Crate & Mar with Eric Roberson– She Was Fly
- Maxwell – Whenever Wherever Whatever (Espanol)
- Amerie-I Just Died
- Sade- The Moon and the Sky
- Sade –Love Is Stronger Than Pride (Mad Professor Mix)
- The Luv Bugz – Where Would We Be
- Aaliyah – At Your Best (You Are Love) (R Kelly Remix)
- Liv Warfield- Brotha Man (Live)
There you have it. Twenty-six songs that remind me what a beautiful journey “that long walk” can be.
The process of creating this mix was almost like a metaphor for love itself. It was far from easy. Things fell apart a few times, resulting in a missing piece or two. I got aggravated and frustrated. I gave up on it. But someone with a little more patience than me, who is stronger in areas where I am weak, pushed on through and got it done. And from where I’m sitting, it all turned out good in the end.
For that, I am thankful.
I’ve learned song selection is fairly simple for someone who loves and knows music like I do. However putting it together is not an easy task. At all. Shout out to all the mixologists out there that can do this with their eyes closed. Special shout-out to my collaborator and my Valentine, “Lord Divyne” of EvahLution Soundz.
Cupid’s Hunt is bigger than ever this year. Add Cupids Hunt on Facebook and follow on Twitter to get links to over thirty hours of tunes by music podcasters and lovers (like me) with a Valentine’s theme (good and bad!)
Special thanks to TGrundy for his vision and for wrangling us all.