Here’s what caught my eye around the blogosphere this week.
- Bilal + The Roots = Backdoor Man FTW!
- From SXSW: Common +Erykah Badu + Kanye = The Light FTMFW!
- Speaking of Common, I never thought I would love a version of “Come Close” more than the original. Ill Mami of SoulBounce changed my mind on that! Check out Common reimagined.
- Ever wonder who is responsible for creating the playlists that keep the first family collective heads nodding while they are on Air Force One?
- Choklate is back. Read the interview. Listen to the new tracks. <—-hotness
- Do you have as much disdain for Chrisette Michele’s album cover as I do? Photoshop natzis!
- New music for your listening pleasure or displeasure by Monica, Ne’a Posey, Antonio Vitale/Tamara Wellons, and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
- Very soon, I plan to spend a significant amount of time digging in the dusty crates and really studying some of the classics. You have to look back sometimes to really move forward. Podcasts from TGrundy and EJ Flavors will be among my first stops. I also plan to get my hands on an album that’s been out since early February, Leon Ware and Friends.
- Speaking of podcasts, be sure to check out the latest edition of Friday Favecast where Ill Mami waxes poetic about relationships. Another newly discovered site with great podcasts is GroovyEclectic. You know…for whenever your iPod gets bored.